PROJECT NAME: GREEN CHAMPIONS
PARTNERS: WORLD UNIVERSITY SERVICES CANADA, GLOBAL AFFAIRS CANADA
DURATION: October 2021 to Sept 2023
OBJECTIVE: The Green Champion project seeks to provide green entrepreneurship skills among people from vulnerable and underserved communities to enable them to be at the forefront of addressing climate change issues that impact them the most
- Business Development Services and Management Training coupled with financial literacy and financial management support services to young women, women with disabilities, refugees, etc to start and run profitable social green enterprises.
- Market Access support including product branding, packaging and online marketing as well as customer development and sales support.
- Policy Dialogues and Stakeholder Engagement necessary for the growth of the green sector
- 6 to 12 months mentoring and coaching support will be offered to women entrepreneurs.
- About 130 young women, women with disabilities and refugee women have been trained in various climate smart agribusiness including snails and mushroom production with 30% registering their businesses and opening bank accounts and 10% generating profit.
- 20 businesses have exhibited their products and services at various trade shows and exhibitions
- 120 refugees and people with disabilities participated in public forum and policy dialogues to have their voices heard and issues incorporated in government programmes
Read more about the GREEN CHAMPIONS PROJECT